BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fat Flush Diet: Day 1

Day one could have been worst ... Two weeks before I started this diet, I started to cut back on carbs (less bread, rice, and pasta). I also cut back on dairy and sweets. Last week I only consumed carbs during snack time. I have never had an addiction before, but the cravens for carbs and sugar almost had me foaming at the mouth. I didn't get headaches, but I was tired all the time. All of this led up to Saturday, August 8, 2009 when I started the diet:

Woke up and had my long life drink and my lemon water; Made an omelette; By 11:00 am I was craving something with a little substance. I had my mid day snack, 1/2 grapefruit. Now I cannot wait for lunch. Lunch rolled around, tried her recipe for stir fry. I was able to eat it but I will not be making it that way again. Still craving something else. I am not exactly hungry. I just know that I am missing something. Later on had my afternoon snack (more fruit and Cranberry water). Followed her suggestions for dinner. It was filling, I had as much salad as I wanted, but not satisfying. I will need to make adjustment to the recipes.

Bottom line:
I don't like cooking with citrus (lemon or lime). I don't particularly care for dill. I want to introduce a little more pepper, onion, and garlic into her recipes. These are items allowed but are rarely used together. Fruit snacks are not cutting it, I wish nuts were allowed. What I am missing is that full feeling you get after having a meal. I am also missing my deserts and comfort foods. Every thing is freshly made. This will not work for me. I do not cook breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day. I typically cook two or three meats on the weekend and prepare my vegetables and sides during the week. She has one or two different meats a day. This is another adjustment I made to her week one menu. I also removed any ingredient that I don't like or could not be bought at the local grocery store. I substituted these ingredient with more of the allowed food ingredients.

Ok, Made it through day 1. Hopefully day 2 will be easier.

0 comments: