BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time to get back in shape: Rebounder, Rebounding, mini-trampoline

To resist the frigidity of old age one must combine the body, the mind and the heart - and to keep them in parallel vigor one must exercise, study and love.
Karl von Bonstetten


I tried different types of exercises, but nothing really sticks. I don't have a lot of time to work our so what I need from an exercise routine is:


  • Short duration & Maximum impact (30min)

  • Low impact Exercise

  • Strengthen Muscles

  • Aerobic (cardiovascular exercise)

  • Allow me to focus on my problem areas (abs, core, love handles)

  • Reduce stress

  • Routine or Equipment changes to meet my expanding needs

  • Enjoyable - It almost feels like I am not working out

  • Produces results (either physical or emotional)


What I tried:


Running: I truly feel (at least for me) that this is an activity that works best if you have a partner. This became a chore, finding a sitter and compatible partner. Outdoor Cycling: I do not live in area with assessable bike paths. I would be fighting with the traffic. Indoor Cycling: I couldn’t motivate myself to keep this up especially since I know how much fun cycling outside is. Gym (Machines): I just don’t like the gym. Walking: I cannot maintain a routine during bad weather. Gym (Classes): I Yoga and Pilates, but I always seem to have scheduling conflicts and end up missing too many sessions. Dancing (Classes / DVDs): I love to dance but for some reason the classes and DVDs make look like I have two left feet. Weight Lifting: Get’s boring after a while and starts to feel like a chore. Equipment: I have had treadmill, stationary bikes, steppers, all sorts of ab machines, and a rowing machine.

What I like:


Combination Exercise: Since I am not looking for bulky muscles, the best exercises for me are combination exercises. Combination exercises are multiple exercises performed at the same time (ie Lunges w/ shoulder press). These are the best exercises for women because they will allow you to work multiple muscle groups, and get more overall work in during your workouts. More overall work means extra calories burned, which means a higher metabolism, which means you will be more likely to burn fat, tone up, lose weight, and be lean. This route may not be for everyone. So, as long as you have a healthy diet, perform cardiovascular exercise and try to live a healthy active lifestyle all exercises that you can stick with, are beneficial.
Relaxing Exercise: The best exercises for stress relief are activities that are rhythmic, mindless, and steady, and last for at least 20 minutes. Although aerobic exercises such as walking, running, swimming, rowing, and cycling are ideal, any physical activity will help; choose the ones you most enjoy. A good exercise routine leaves me feeling refreshed, calm, and at peace after a workout.

What is in my Video Collection?


I have about forty exercise DVDs. I put them into about five different group and talk about a few in each group.

  • The Firm DVDs: Focuses on toning, aerobics, and weights. Get’s boring after a while and definitely feels like a workout. Favorites – Cardio weight system, fat burning sculpting ball, and Fannie lifter

  • Gaiam Yoga and Pilates DVDs: basically soothing low impact exercise that both relaxes and tones. (anything by Jillian Hessel, Ana Caban, and Rodney Yee)

  • Tamilee Webb – I like her workout. Nothing fancy, just hard work with catchy names. As an added bonus she is several years older than me and looks fabulous.

  • Kathy Smith – see Tamilee Webb


Next Steps


REBOUNDING is a unique form of exercise that reduces your body fat; firms your arms, legs, thighs, abdomen, and hips; strengthens all your muscles and your bones; provides excellent aerobic effect for your heart; instantly stimulates your lymphatic circulation, rejuvenates every system in your body, and allows you to easily achieve a higher level of health and fitness. Rebounding with small weightss is a excellent Full Body Toning and Strength Training activity! Rebounding is Total Cellular Exercise! This means that every one of your hundred trillion cells is positively affected from the moment you begin moving up and down through gravity. Jumping on a Rebounder is suppose to exercises every part of your body. Rebounding is fun, easy and efficient. It's said that:
Rebounding for 10 minutes is equivalent to 30 minutes of jogging! Rebounding for 20 minutes is equivalent to 1 hour of jogging!
I willing to give it a try and let you know what I think.

Some resources on Rebounding:


Rebounder - Household Traditions
Rebounder, Rebounding, low impact exercise, rebounders, mini-trampoline

Rebounding Videos

0 comments: